It’s safe to say that finding the perfect wedding planner is stressful. Making sure
this person completely understands your vision for the special day, while also contributing
their professional opinion is a hard thing to balance. Here is a guide for asking all the
Depending on your budget and needs, you can contract:
Full-service or All-inclusive
Wedding Weekend Coordinator
Destination Wedding Coordinator
Vendor Scouting & Referrals
A La Carte custom package
Before interviewing wedding planners, you and your fiancé should sit down and answer these questions:
1.What is our budget?
2.What kind of vision do we have for the wedding?
3. What is our wedding date?
4. How many people do we plan to invite?
Your wedding planner needs to be your go-to person for everything wedding
related. You are hiring a professional to help relieve some of the pressure that comes along with wedding planning,
as well as provide helpful insight. Making this important decision for your special day is a big commitment.
Ten common questions to ask a potential planner:
1. Will you hold my wedding date? For how long?
2. How do you prefer to be contacted?
3. Who will be working my wedding?
4. What services are provided?
5. Have you worked with my venue?
6. Do you have any references, awards or features?
7. What is your cancellation policy?
8. Do you carry personal liability or insurance?
9. Do you have preset pricing packages? What are your payment terms?
10. What sets you apart from other wedding planners?
After interviewing wedding planners you and your fiancé need to sit down and answer these questions:
1.Is there a connection with the planner? Did you like his/her personality?
2. Did they listen and understand the vision of your wedding?
3. Did they seem confident?
The overall message is go with your gut! Pick a wedding planner that listens and
understands how special this day is to you and your fiancé. A wedding planner’s biggest
goal is to make sure that special day is everything spectacular and picture perfect.
Find a comprehensive list of North Carolina Wedding Planners here.
Find more interview questions here.